Instructions for authors
These guidelines are provided for preparation of papers accepted for publication in the Science Journal of University of Zakho (SJUOZ). These guidelines are issued to ensure a uniform style. All papers that are accepted in SJUOZ will be published provided they arrive by the due date and they correspond to these guidelines. Reproduction is made directly from author-prepared manuscripts electronically in A4 paper size 297 mm x 210 mm (11.69 x 8.27 inches). To assure timely and efficient production of the SJUOZ, Authors must submit their manuscripts in strict conformance with these guidelines. The Editorial Board may omit any paper that does not conform to the specified requirements. There will be no opportunity for corrections or improvements of poorly prepared originals.
The manuscript needs to be prepared electronically in a Word (.doc, .docx) and PDF formats. The format and instruction are shown below for each main section of the manuscript. Moreover, Author can download the instruction from the following link.
The manuscript should be original, high standard and should not have been published or submitted for publication in any other Journals. The text should include abstract, introduction, materials and methods, results, discussion, and references. The text must not exceed 16 pages.
- 1. Paper Title
- 2. Authors and affiliation
- 3. Keywords (minimum 5 words)
- 4. Abstract (100 – 200 words)
- 5. Introduction: Brief description of the area under research with indicating the problem. In addition, the introduction must contain the aim of the study.
- 6. Main body
- 7. Conclusions: The main conclusion of the study is stated in this section
- 8. Acknowledgments (optional)
- 9. References
- 10. Appendix (optional)
Table 1. Margin settings for A4 size paper
Leave one lines blank, then type "KEYWORDS:" in bold capital letters, followed by minimum of 5 key words. Those key words are use to find a paper with content you are preparing.
References should be indicated in the typescript by giving the author's name, with the year of publication in parentheses, as detailed in the APA style guide. For example (Mustafa, 2013), and listed in the alphabetical order in the reference section in standard APA format. 30% of the used references must be published in the journals that are indexed by Scopus and must be up-to-date (e.g., within the last 10 years). The following styles should be used:
Research involving humans: Regarding experimental works that involve humans, the authors must follow the Declaration of Helsinki 1975. Approvals from local institutional ethical committee must be obtained before conducting the research work.
Research involving animals: Research that involve animals must adhere to the Code of Practise for the Housing and Care of Animals Used in Scientific Procedures. Furthermore, Approvals from local institutional committee is required for experimental research that involve animals. The editors are expected to check that the impact of the work is high in comparison to the pain, suffering and harm caused to the animals.
Research involving plants: Research involing plants must adhere to Convention on Biological Diversity.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License [CC BY-NC-SA 4.0] that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work, with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online.