About the Journal
Aims and Scope
SJUOZ is an official academic journal sponsored by the University of Zakho with p-ISSN: 2663-628X, e-ISSN: 2663-6298 and DOI: doi.org/10.25271/sjuoz. SJUOZ is an international, multidisciplinary, peer-reviewed, double-blind and open-access journal. It publishes original article and reviews in the field of biology, chemistry, physics, mathematics and computer sciences. The objective of this journal is to publish high quality articles that bring novel insights to the abovementioned disciplines. SJUOZ is also committed in making genuine contributions to the science researches by providing an open access platform.
✅ Open Submissions; ✅ Indexed; ✅ Peer Reviewed; ✅ double-blind
Peer Review Process
- All manuscripts submitted for publication in SJUOZ are strictly and thoroughly peer-reviewed. The review process is double-blind. If the manuscript is accepted for full review, it will be reviewed by a minimum of two external reviewers.
- Submitted manuscripts will undergo an initial check including a Plagiarism Check in the Editorial Office. Turnitin software is used to check the plagiarism. An Editor along with the Editorial Office takes charge of the peer-review process. It starts with a preliminary review by the Editor and usually takes 5 working days after manuscript submission).
- After the manuscript is accepted for full review, the Editor will send the manuscript to at least two reviews after they accept to review the manuscript and register with the SJUOZ system as a reviewer. After passing 2 – 4 weeks, the Editor will collect the reviewers’ comments and prepare a decision letter based on the comments of the reviewers. The decision letter will be sent to the Corresponding Author to request an adequate action. In addition, the Authors will see the reviewers’ comments and the decision letter in their account page at the SJUOZ system. In the case of the acceptance, the author will be asked to format the manuscript according to SJUOZ template before it goes into typesetting and proofreading with the publisher. The author will receive the paper in PDF produced by SJUOZ for checking before it is published online. In brief, the review process at SJUOZ and details of the submitted manuscript are stated below.
- Preliminary review
- decision: accepted for review or
- decision: pre-rejected
- reviewer selection
- writing the decision letter including
- decision: accepted or
- decision: to be resubmitted or
- decision: to be revised or
- decision: rejected.
- comments from reviewers
- Editor's comments
- Editor's decision about the next status of the manuscript:
- What should be considered? Before agreeing to review for a journal, Reviewers should take note of the following:
- Let the editor know if your expertise and/or fields of interest cover the topic of the manuscript.
- Decline an invitation to review if there is a conflict of interest with one of the authors. Conflicts of interest may include relationships with academic advisors and/ or advisees, anyone at your current institution, members of your family, or people with whom you have collaborated during the last ten years.
- When declining a review, feel free to provide the contact information of a person who would be qualified to review the manuscript.
- Upon accepting an invitation, you will have two weeks to complete your review. Reviewers that don’t reply on time will be excluded from the Database of Reviewers.
SJUOZ first started publication with 2 issues per year in 2013. In 2016, after frequent submission to the journal, SJUOZ had become quarterly. Accepted papers are published online ahead of print.
Open Access Policy
This journal provides immediate open access to its content on the principle that making research freely available to the public supports a greater global exchange of knowledge. This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
This journal utilizes the LOCKSS system to create a distributed archiving system among participating libraries and permits those libraries to create permanent archives of the journal for purposes of preservation and restoration. More...
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.
This journal charges the following author fees.
If the paper is accepted for publication, you will be asked to pay an Article Publication Fee to cover publication costs. The cost of Article Publication Fee is 150,000 ID. However, the publication is free for international authors.